The Second Summit of Free Cubans in Europe will take place in the vibrant city of Brussels, Belgium, with the aim of bringing together the Cuban community on the European continent. The purpose of this event is to foster debate, collaboration and solidarity among free Cubans in Europe, providing a space to share experiences, ideas and perspectives, and debate relevant issues for the Cuban diaspora in Europe.
The Second Summit of Free Cubans in Europe seeks to be an inspiring and enriching event that strengthens ties between free Cubans in Europe and contributes to building a more prosperous and free future for Cuba. Through debate, collaboration and mutual respect, we hope to lay the foundations for a greater empowerment of the Cuban diaspora and a greater contribution to the development of our homeland.
We invite all free Cubans in Europe to join this initiative and make this summit a success that will last over time and have a positive impact on our lives and on the future of Cuba.
See you in Brussels in May!
EU-Cuba Network for Democracy
+32 493 96 49 79
1. Promote the union, integration, development and strengthening of the free Cuban community in Europe.
2. Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experiences among the participants.
3. Address issues of interest to the Cuban diaspora in Europe, such as human rights, democracy and the socioeconomic development of Cuba.
4. Create collaboration and solidarity networks to support projects and activities for the benefit of the democratization of Cuba and the Human Rights of its people.
5. Promote Cuban culture and identity in Europe.
1. "Advancing towards a free and democratic Cuba": Exploring strategies and actions to support the process of change towards democracy in Cuba.
2. "Promoting human rights in Cuba and in the diaspora": Analyzing the situation of human rights on the island and advocating for their respect and protection.
3. "Building networks of collaboration and mutual support": Identifying opportunities to work together on projects and initiatives that benefit the Cuban community and Cuban society as a whole.
4. "Preserving Cuban culture and identity": Valuing the importance of keeping our cultural roots alive and sharing them with the new generations.
Day 1 (May 16):
- Registration and welcome of the participants.
- Opening ceremony and keynote speeches.
- Panel: "The current situation in Cuba and its impact on the diaspora."
Day 2 (May 17):
- Thematic panels and tables.
- Workshops and training sessions.
- Cultural activities and artistic presentations.
Day 3 (May 18):
- Excursions and cultural visits in Brussels.
- Spaces for networking and informal meetings.
Day 4 (May 19):
- Closing session and conclusions.
- Tribute to José Martí
- Approval of the "2nd Brussels Declaration".
- Closing and farewell.
1. Organizing Team: A team will be formed in charge of planning and coordinating the event, made up of members of the Cuban community in Europe.
2. Place of the event: A suitable and accessible space will be sought in Brussels to host the various activities of the summit (I.e European Parliament)
3. Financing: Financing sources, such as sponsors and donations, will be sought to cover the costs of the event.
4. Communication: A communication strategy will be established to promote the summit and attract participants from all over Europe.
5. Accommodation and transport: Information on accommodation and transport options will be provided for attendees coming from other European cities and countries.
Registration to participate in the 2nd Summit of Free Cubans in Europe will be open in January 2024
If you are interested in participating as part of the organizing team, please send your request to: Secretariat@Arte-Magna.org
Visionnez cette intéressante vidéo
EU-Cuba Network for Democracy
International Secretariat in Brussels . Belgium
All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 20223
Arte-Magna International - ASBL : EU Parliament Transparency Registry N° 172769940356-51
EU-Cuba Network: An Initiative of Arte-Magna Int.